Siena is a master planned community located in Round Rock, Texas. Just 30 minutes from downtown Austin and a few miles from downtown Round Rock, Siena is a peaceful community with plenty of resources to help you get familiar with your neighbors and the area, enjoy the outdoors, and grow personally and professionally. Removed from the hustle and bustle of Austin to allow for privacy and peace, Siena is also only 2.3 miles from Highway 130 and 7 miles from IH-35, making its location convenient and accessible. Check out all the new home subdivisions in Siena!
With 13 builders working on the more than 1500 planned houses, Siena has the home for you. The combined 175 available floorplans in the community are customizable as new builds to meet your specific needs, and if you’re looking to move soon, take a look at the quick move-ins waiting to welcome you home.
- Brohn Homes, established in 2002, features 22 luxury homes and floorplans in Siena starting at $248,990. Consider the two-story 3899 plan, with five bedrooms, as well as a separate media and game room. Or perhaps the 1793 plan might be a better fit, with its one-story layout and combined kitchen and dining room space. Through the Waterloo Homes brand, Brohn will also be offering seven stylish designer patio homes and floorplans in the community, with prices starting at $199,990. The 1950 two-story plan is a great option for homeowners who love to host, with its open concept and upstairs bedrooms.
- Build your future with one of CastleRock Communities’ 21 homes and floorplans, starting at $240,990. Their open-layout concepts and options for private studies, formal dining rooms, and sweeping staircases make for elegant and practical homes for you and your family.
- Gehan Homes brings more than 25 years of builder experience to Siena with 21 different homes and floorplans: Nine Classic & 10 Premier, starting at $299,990. For quiet mornings and evenings on the front porch, consider the Redwood floorplan; while the Dartmouth offers an optional media room for additional entertainment space.
- Builders for the 2019 HGTV® Smart Home, Highland Homes has 19 homes and floorplans in Siena, starting at $260,990. The four-bedroom Richmond Plan has nine structural options to customize for your needs, including an optional bay window in the master suite or an additional bedroom for growing families. Single buyers or those with smaller families might find the Glenhurst Plan more suitable, with its spacious open-concept living area and optional study.
- Built on Relationships®, KB Homes brings 19 homes and floorplans to the Siena community, starting at $221,995. The Plan A-2382 offers a dedicated den for extra quiet space, or you might discover that Plan A-2881 is a better fit with a sprawling great room and upstairs loft. Chef in the family? Upgrade your new home with a gourmet kitchen and extended counter space for all of your cooking needs.
- Everything’s Included® with one of Lennar’s six homes and floorplans, starting from $245,990. The Tyler floorplan’s spacious kitchen flows seamlessly into the dining room and family room, making it perfect for hosting family holidays. Alternatively, the Collins floorplan features a flex room just off the foyer that can be used as a den, open study, or anything else you may need as you grow into your new space.
- Known for their energy-efficient designs, Meritage Homes features seven homes and floorplans in Siena, starting at $238,990. The Palmetto (3K26) floorplan, in which all bedrooms are upstairs, also includes a sitting room in the master suite, which makes a perfect sleeping area for newborns. For those that work from home, consider the Torino (3184) with its dedicated private study.
- 11 Life Tested® homes and floorplans by Pulte Homes are waiting for you, with prices starting at $244,490. From the practical 1,685 square foot Sommerville to the capacious 3,230 Palomar, Pulte Homes feature customizations and add-ons such as media rooms, fireplaces, and three-car garages.
- Saratoga Homes is committed to providing you the best with one of their 17 customizable homes and floorplans, starting at $255,950. The three bedroom, two bath Boston floorplan features an open-concept living space and covered patio, with all the bedrooms tucked to one side of the home to make hosting guests easy. Or you might like the 3,051 square foot Hawthorne floorplan, with a family room and foyer that is open to the second floor, because your living space shouldn’t be limited to the horizontal.
- William Lyon Homes has a personal goal to “make [their] customers smile all the way home,” and one of the 24 homes and floorplans starting at $250,990 is sure to accomplish the task. With five bedrooms, three bathrooms, and a bonus room, the Trinity floorplan is ideal for large or growing families who are looking for space to stretch out. If you’re looking for something smaller, consider the one-story Livingston, which includes an office and dining room.
- 30 years of building experience in Central Texas means Wilshire Homes’ 21 homes and floorplans, starting at $253,990, are ideal for anyone looking to settle down in the greater Austin area. With a secluded master suite downstairs, the Inwood II (2533) plan is designed for peace and quiet downstairs while guests or children make use of the upstairs bedrooms and game room. Another option is the single story Asherton (2108) plan, which utilizes the open-concept layout to create ideal entertaining space, while secluding the master suite at the back of the home where it’s quieter.
Siena is a modern community for today’s homeowners. On warm summer evenings, take advantage of the Olympic-size pool and splash pad for an easy way to cool down with the entire family, or arrange for a barbecue or social at the open-air pavilion. The community also includes two parks and miles of walking trails for leisure enjoyment or exercise. Volleyball, basketball, and soccer players will also find courts and fields available for use!
To keep up with your neighbors, Siena posts a monthly newsletter with information about HOA meetings, an overview of local events, and a recipes section to inspire culinary creativity.
Old Settlers Park, which features 640 acres of outdoor recreation, and Dog Park Depot are both a short distance away from Siena. Dell Diamond, home of the Round Rock Express minor league baseball team, is less than three miles from the community and makes for a fun family outing. It also shares a parking lot with one of Austin’s most well-known barbecue joints, The Salt Lick.
Interested in a night on the town? Downtown Round Rock is only minutes from Siena and has more than 40 dining and shopping options to explore. The city calendar is full of events for all ages, including theatre performances by the local Penfold Theatre Company, free language and technology classes, and holiday events.
Nearby stores include H-E-B Plus!, Walmart Supercenter, and Sprouts Farmers Market; and a short drive will grant access to both La Frontera Village and Round Rock Premium Outlets. Whether you’re planning date night or family fun day, Siena’s ideal location ensures that there is always something exciting to do.
Public School Ranking System
The Texas Education Agency assesses the performance of students in public grade school using the Texas Academic Performance Report, or TAPR (formerly Academic Excellence Indicator System, or AEIS). Scoring districts is as follows:
- A – Exemplary Performance
- B – Recognized Performance
- C – Acceptable Performance
- D – In Need of Improvement
- F – Unacceptable Performance
Currently, individual campuses are given a score of Met Standard, Met Alternative Standard, Improvement Required, Not Rated, or Not Rated: Data Integrity Issues.
Hutto Independent School District
Siena is zoned to Hutto Independent School District, which enrolls more than 7,000 students each academic year across 10 campuses. Also referred to as Hippo Nation, named for the district’s mascot, HISD received an overall “C” accountability rating on TAPR for the 2017-18 academic year, and Met Standards for both the Special Education Determination Status and Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) Test.
Families living in Siena are zoned to either Veterans’ Hill Elementary or Benjamin Doc Kerley Elementary (opening fall 2019), Hutto Middle School, and Hutto High School.
Veterans’ Hill Elementary is located at 555 Limmer Loop. VHES enrolled 719 students across grades Pre-K through 5 for the 2017-18 academic year, and averaged 16.7 students per classroom. For the same year, VHES rated “Met Standard” on the TAPR. The detailed 2017-18 School Report Card for VHES can be viewed here.
Hutto Middle School, located at 1005 Exchange Boulevard, hosts grades 6-8. For the 2017-18 year, HMS enrolled 802 students, and averaged 19.8 students per classroom. HMS “Met Standard” on the TAPR, and also received the distinction designation of Academic Achievement in Social Studies. The detailed 2017-18 School Report Card for HMS can be viewed here.
Hutto High School (101 Chris Kelley Boulevard) enrolled 1,980 students in grades 9-12 for the 2017-18 academic year. There were 20.8 students per classroom. HHS also ranked “Met Standard” on the 2017-18 TAPR and received the Academic Achievement in Social Studies distinction designation. HHS had a 96.9% graduation rate without exclusions for grades 9-12 during the same year. The detailed 2017-18 School Report Card for HHS can be viewed here.
TAPR and School Report Cards for the 2018-19 academic year will become available in August 2019.
For the Community, by the Community
With access to entertainment, quality schools, and modern amenities, it’s no wonder Siena is one of the most popular master plan communities in the Austin-Round Rock area. Properties are continuing to sell quickly, so don’t wait: purchase your new home in Siena today!
Mia Zozobrado joined Builders Digital Experience (BDX) in 2019 as a content writer. A graduate of Southwestern University with a degree in English, Mia is passionate about the written word and making connections.