A newer master planned community in the greater Austin area, the SaddleCreek community in Georgetown, Texas, combines the best of city living with the natural beauty of the Texas Hill Country. The 350 acre community will have over 1,000 homes upon completion, a state-of-the-art amenity center, and access to quaint Georgetown as well as lively Austin. Check out the new subdivisions in SaddleCreek today!
A collection of established builders are building in the SaddleCreek community, offering more than 65 plans collectively. Want to stay up to date on the latest listings? Keep track of all available new homes in SaddleCreek. A sampling of builders included in this project are:
- CastleRock Communities, a Texas-based company. CastleRock will offer 14 floorplans, with prices beginning in the low $200’s. Want more space for your growing family to stretch out? Consider the Gemini-Cobalt, with its isolated master suite completely separate from the two upstairs bedrooms.
- Century Communities, founded in 2002. There are currently nine different Century Communities floorplans, starting in the low $200’s, each with their own unique layout and design. The Madison is a crowd favorite, with the open concept first floor making it easy and enjoyable to entertain guests, while the second-floor loft and game room area is perfect for the kids to kick back.
- Gray Point Homes, which will have eight floorplans to choose from, with prices starting in the low $200’s. The Navigator plan – with its open concept that combines the family room, dining room, kitchen, and flex room – is a wonderful choice for first-time homeowners.
- Lennar, one of America’s leading homebuilders. Their 20 plans are priced from the mid-$200’s to the lower $300’s. The two-story Hudson plan is ideal for homeowners who want flexible space, with a downstairs flex room and three customizable upstairs bedrooms.
- Pacesetter Homes, a central Texas builder with experience in both the Austin and Dallas areas. The 12 design plans from Pacesetter are priced in the $200’s. The two bedroom, two bathroom Swisher floorplan has an optional apartment above the garage; this is perfect for multigenerational families looking to purchase a home together but maintain a level of privacy.
Love these options, but need something sooner than a custom build would allow? Consider a quick move-in SaddleCreek home!
SaddleCreek community has everything to keep you entertained, starting with their top-tier amenity center. Featuring a pool with splash pad and lounging areas, the amenity center also includes a fitness center, indoor lounge space, and a kitchen. There also are several playscapes and BBQ grills scattered throughout the community for entertainment purposes.
Want more active engagement? SaddleCreek features its own Frisbee golf course, as well as hike and bike trails throughout the area. You can go for a stroll around the lake on the property, or play football or soccer on the field nearby.
Should you want to venture into the local area, the Georgetown Town Square – voted Prettiest Town Square in Texas – is only a 10 minute drive. Enjoy local eateries and small boutique shops, regular festivals and markets, and music performances. Sprinkled throughout the town are more than 100 official historic sites, waiting for exploration by history buffs.
Both Wolf Ranch and Round Rock Premium Outlets are nearby and available for all your shopping needs. Have a golf fanatic in the family? Cowan Creek and Cimarron Hills golf courses are both only a short drive from the community. For other outside activities, pay a visit to Georgetown Lake or San Gabriel Park.
The Texas Education Agency assesses the performance of students in public grade school using the Texas Academic Performance Report, or TAPR (formerly Academic Excellence Indicator System, or AEIS). Scoring districts is as follows:
- A – Exemplary Performance
- B – Recognized Performance
- C – Acceptable Performance
- D – In Need of Improvement
- F – Unacceptable Performance
Beginning in 2019, individual campuses are being ranked on the same scale. Previously, they were given a score of Met Standard, Met Alternative Standard, Improvement Required, Not Rated, or Not Rated: Data Integrity Issues.
Georgetown Independent School District
The 19 campuses of GISD enroll more than 11,500 students annually. A well-performing district, Georgetown ISD received an overall B for the 2018-19 academic year, meaning they served many students well and maintained high academic standards.
Elementary students living in SaddleCreek are zoned to attend James E. Mitchell Elementary School, located at 1601 Rockride Lane. A little more than 700 students were enrolled in grades Pre-K through 5th as Mitchell Mavericks. The campus received an overall C for the 2018-19 academic year, a marked improvement from the “Improvement Required” score earned the previous year.
From there, students enroll in George Wagner Middle School at 1621 Rockride Lane. Just over 730 6th – 8th grade students enroll annually as Wagner Wolves. For the 2018-19 academic year, the school received an overall F score.
Students in grades nine through 12 enroll at East View High School, located at 4490 E. University Avenue. EVHS, home of the Patriots, enrolls around 1,600 students annually. For the 2018-19 academic year, the school earned an overall B score, which is consistent with previous years.
Where Nature Meets Luxury
Embrace quaint life in idyllic Georgetown by settling down in SaddleCreek community. With smooth access to the hustle and bustle of Austin without having to sacrifice the small town vibe, SaddleCreek has a home for almost every homeowner. Find your new SaddleCreek home today!
Mia Zozobrado joined Builders Digital Experience (BDX) in 2019 as a content writer. A graduate of Southwestern University with a degree in English, Mia is passionate about the written word and making connections.